An Ionic application for connecting to your Jenkins server using RESTFull API
- iOS, Android
- 2 years ago
- 1 year ago
The Ionic Jenkins Client 🎮
See it in action! -> https://youtu.be/nriUq5Sm0rE
This a very basic client, based on the Ionic Super Starter template, that demonstrates how to make use of the Jenkins REST API in an Ionic application.
Using the Jenkins REST API, you can perform most of all the different actions you can execute using the Jenkins web interface, but for simplicity, this project provides examples of the following:
- How to login after verifying the user credentials (using basic authentication)
- How to list all jobs currently created in the Jenkins server
- How to get details of a specific job (name, type, last execution time and result)
- How to create a new Job (different jobs require their specific and very long list of requirements, so only the basic job is created by providing the name and type)
- How to request a new execution of a job
- How to get information about the server, number of executors, etc
- How to log out and erase credentials
- How to handle possible errors during login or during the app operation using an HTTP interceptor
Use this template to create a larger and more complex Jenkins app written in Ionic, or if you would like to integrate some functionality in your application that require the interaction with a Jenkins server
Since the application is running internally on a browser, you will most likely experience CORS errors when executing REST request to Jenkins. To avoid this:
- Install the plugin
CORS Filterin Jenkins.
- Go to Jenkins -> Configuration, and go to the section of
- In the
Access-Control-Allow-Headersadd the following headers:
authorization, jenkins-crumb, content-type.
- In the
Access-Control-Allow-Originsadd the URI from where you are making the request (typically this is
http://localhost:8100when running the project in the browser, but you can add
*to accept any origin)
- Go to Jenkins -> Configure Global Security and activate the
Enable proxy compatibility
After you have all the code, to run the project in a browser:
$ cd jenkins-client
$ npm install
$ ionic serve
If you want to generate your own APK (for Android)
$ ionic cordova platform add android
$ ionic cordova build android
For using the Jenkins API, a new provider was created under the
src/providers/jenkins folder. There you will be able to find all the different endpoints available. Check out the already created pages for examples.
Ionic Super Starter comes with internationalization (i18n) out of the box with ngx-translate. This makes it easy to change the text used in the app by modifying only one file.
To add new languages, add new files to the
src/assets/i18n directory, following the pattern of LANGCODE.json where LANGCODE is the language/locale code (ex: en/gb/de/es/etc.).
Changing the Language
To change the language of the app, edit
src/app/app.component.ts and modify
translate.use('en') to use the LANGCODE from