Ionic Phonebook - Display your Phone Contacts
- iOS, Android
- 5 years ago
- 1 year ago
A barebone ionic phonebook application for iOS and Android that reads your phone contacts and displays them. It's all you need to get started on your social applications or contact management application. I know you can figure it out on your own, but this will save you a ton of time I promise, especially when you get stuck :)
After you install ionic you have to install cordova contacts plugin.
Check out my other useful starters are here: Great Ionic Starters.
Read the ionic installation guide first:
- Read Ionic Installation Guide
- Download genymotion if you plan to emulate on android - Genymotion download
Run in your project terminal:
- Open folder in terminal
ionic platform add ios
ionic platform add android
cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-contacts
ionic emulate ios
ionic run android(use run if you use genymotion)
- the app will ask you to share your contacts
- The payment on this site is processed by Stripe.com and sometimes your bank will decline the charges if they don't recognize it. You can contact your bank or try a different card.
- Leave a comment if you get stuck on anything
- If you email me directly it might get caught in the spam filter
- And Kudos if you leave a Rating! =)
Stay in Touch
- Check out my blog rubberchickin.com.